[PPIE Lectures] Correction: Event is SUNDAY!

la at sf1915.com la at sf1915.com
Thu Mar 11 21:25:31 EST 2021

Dear Friends,

Terrible Horrible Embarrassing Mistake!

As one can see on the San Francisco Silent Film Festival link, the event is
this SUNDAY, not Saturday.

Also, I believe that Daylight Savings Time starts Sunday, so noon will come
one hour "earlier" than on Saturday.

Thanks for understanding.

-Laura Ackley

Dear Friends,

FREE Exposition MOVIES!

The Panama-Pacific International Exposition was the first World's Fair with
a significant film presence. Movies were taken at or made to show off the
Fair's attractions. Most are quite rare, and they offer a fascinating look
at what it was like to actually attend the event. The San Francisco Silent
Film Festival is hosting a virtual event showcasing some of those 1915 PPIE
films this weekend.

https://silentfilm.org/amazing-tales-online-ppie/

And.... it's FREE! Just click on the link to register.

The event will take place at noon this Saturday, March 14.

The SF Silent Film Festival has invited me to be a guest for the Q&A section
after the movies are done, which is quite nice of the SFSFF.

I always find films of the PPIE particularly interesting because there it
is-in operation-with people enjoying the Fair, sometimes fighting the wind,
listening to concerts, watching parades and  seeing some of the amazing
attractions and exhibits.

Whether you stick around for Q&A or not, please join in to watch some motion
pictures of the big party in 1915.

Regards,

Laura A. Ackley, Author San Francisco's Jewel City: The Panama-Pacific
International Exposition of 1915

If you know of a history, civic, club, public service or other organization
that has a regular speaker series and you think they would enjoy one of my
eleven different lectures on the World's Fair, please contact me at
<mailto:ppie at 1915.com> ppie at 1915.com.

Note do not reply to this e-mail. Replying is disabled for this mailing
list, so I won't get the message!

If you'd like to contact me, please e-mail  <mailto:ppie at sf1915.com>
ppie at sf1915.com