[PPIE Lectures] Thank yous, San Francisco's Jewel City selling out, and availability for presentations

PPIE Lectures ppielectures at sf1915.com
Thu Jun 16 20:45:29 EDT 2016

Dear Friends,

First off, I want to thank you for supporting me before and during the
amazing PPIE centennial of 2015. I also wanted to tell you that my publisher
only has a few hundred copies of San Francisco's Jewel City: The
Panama-Pacific International Exposition of 1915 left in their warehouse.

If you do not have a copy and want one, now is the time to buy!

So if you have considered purchasing San Francisco's Jewel City, I would
appreciate it if you would buy it from Amazon at:

<http://www.amazon.com/Franciscos-Jewel-City-Panama-Pacific-International/dp
/1597142921>
http://www.amazon.com/Franciscos-Jewel-City-Panama-Pacific-International/dp/
1597142921

Of course I will be happy (as I always am) to sign your book when I see you
at any event. I always do this for those who do not buy from me directly.
I'm just happy you have the book!

San Francisco's Jewel City, with is beautiful production by Heyday, is a
great gift for those who love San Francisco, have lived in SF, or appreciate
cultural history, architecture, city planning, race relations, or are
intrigued by World's Fairs and International Expositions.

One of the most gratifying things is when I make a public appearance and
converse with people who received the book as a gift. They bring it to me to
have it autographed. Then they tell me how much they enjoyed it and who gave
it to them!

Thus when people who have been given (or have already read) the book, tell
me how much they love it, I am delighted to have spent those years of time
researching and writing it.

I'm still giving talks, so if you are a member of a history or civic
organization (library, club, service organization, etc.), ask your program
chair if they'd like an illustrated lecture on the PPIE. I have NINE
different presentations now.

Again, if you were thinking of purchasing, NOW is the time because stock is
becoming scarce! Thanks for reading.

Best Wishes,

Laura Ackley

Author: San Francisco's Jewel City: The Panama-Pacific International
Exposition of 1915

Note: replying is disabled for this mailing list, so do not hit "reply," I
won't get the message!

If you'd like to contact me, please e-mail to  <mailto:ppie at sf1915.com>
ppie at sf1915.com, or visit my website for book information.

---