[PPIE Lectures] Panama-Pacific Centennial Concert, Saturday, June 20, THREE events starting at 5pm, at the Palace of Fine Arts

PPIE Lectures ppielectures at sf1915.com
Thu Jun 18 14:08:03 EDT 2015

Dear Friends,

This coming Saturday, June 20, I will be giving a lecture as part of an
amazing program at the Theater in the Palace of Fine Arts, The
Panama-Pacific Centennial Concert.  I believe this will be the high point of
the mid-year in the celebration of the centennial.

http://gaycities-featured-images-production.s3.amazonaws.com/events/original
s/fb_11043233_964081393602721_3010402874268994542_n.pngA single ticket
admits you to an entire evening of THREE PPIE-related cultural events.
Attend one, or all three!  Here's the agenda:

At 5 p.m., the premiere of R. Christian Anderson's docu-drama film, "When
the World Came to San Francisco."

At 7:15 p.m., Laura Ackley (that's me!) will offer an illustrated,
multimedia talk about the entertainment at the Fair, and

At 8:00 p.m., The Panama-Pacific Centennial Concert featuring The
Lesbian/Gay Chorus of San Francisco (LGCSF) and San Francisco Lesbian/Gay
Freedom Band (SFLGFB), plus Camerata California, Chabot College, Bay Area
Rainbow Symphony, Mill Valley Philharmonic, and more.

More information and tickets here:

http://panamapacificconcert.brownpapertickets.com/

About the Author: Laura Ackley holds graduate degrees in Architecture from
Harvard and UC Berkeley. Her book, San Francisco's Jewel City: The
Panama-Pacific International Exposition of 1915, is co-published by Heyday
and the California Historical Society.

Program:                     Panama-Pacific International Exposition 1915

WHAT/WHERE:        The Palace of Fine Arts Theater, 3301 Lyon Street, San
Francisco, CA 94123

WHEN:                       Wednesday, April 15, 5-10:00 p.m.

I will also be selling and signing copies of my book, San Francisco's Jewel
City: The Panama-Pacific International Exposition of 1915. (Accepting cash,
check or credit card). I believe this will occur in the lobby over the
course of the entire event.

Note that replying is disabled for this mailing list. If you'd like to
contact me, please e-mail to  <mailto:ppie at sf1915.com> ppie at sf1915.com. As
always, please visit my website for information on upcoming lectures at:

Hope I'll see you next Saturday!

Regards,

Laura Ackley