[PPIE Lectures] Two PPIE Lectures this week.

PPIE Lectures ppielectures at sf1915.com
Mon Feb 28 17:37:50 EST 2011

Dear Friends,

You are cordially invited to two Panama-Pacific International Exposition
lectures this week in Marin.

The first one is tomorrow, Mar. 1 at 7pm at the Mill Valley Community
Center. This will be my "People of the Panama-Pacific International
Exposition" presentation. It is a free event sponsored by the Cal Alumni
Club of Marin. We will have about 10 minutes of club business followed by
the lecture. While only club members can vote, all are welcome at the
meeting and lecture.  (Also, you don't need to be a Cal Grad to join the
club!)

http://events.berkeley.edu/index.php/calendar/sn/caa.html?event_ID=41282
<http://events.berkeley.edu/index.php/calendar/sn/caa.html?event_ID=41282&da
te=2011-03-01> &date=2011-03-01

The second, my lecture on "New Technologies at the PPIE," is Friday, Mar. 4
at 11am for the Ross Historical Society's "First Fridays" lecture series.
Presented in the Livermore Pavilion, Marin Art & Garden Center, 30 Sir
Francis Drake Blvd., Ross, CA 94957. A donation of $5 is requested. There
will be a reception after the show.  For more information or to RSVP call
(209) 588-1646

http://www.moya-rhs.org/calendar.html

I have been working on my website at www.sf1915.com and now have the contact
form in operation as well as the mailing list subscribe/unsubscribe. I would
appreciate any feedback and suggestions.

The next step is to develop a page of positive comments about my
presentations to help promote them. Since this is still a very small,
exclusive list of about two dozen of the main PPIE folks, I'd appreciate any
quotes you'd like to supply in support of my talks. So, if you'd like to
contribute, I'd really appreciate it.

Hope to see some of you this week!

Regards,

Laura Ackley